But sometimes, there are just too many funny things or too much back story and I get overwhelmed by the thought of hand cramps. This is one of those days. So I am jotting it down here on the blog so that it is at least documented.
Gavin and Jaynee had a sleepover last night at my parents' house so that Jared and I could go out for Jared's birthday. When we picked the kids up this morning my mom said "You would be so proud of Gavin. When we asked him what we should do for fun, he said we should pick up a free movie. I asked him how we get free movies and he said 'You just get a coupon. You get it off the pizza box.'" A while ago I purchased a bunch of Totino's pizzas (not the best food in the world, but it makes for a special lunch treat for the kids instead of going out). With coupons, I was able to get them for about 50 cents each...PLUS, each box had a free RedBox rental code inside. So I have this little stack of "free movie coupons" as Gavin calls them. Apparently, my excitement for this coupon deal rubbed off! (As a sidenote that I haven't shared on the blog before, one of Jaynee's first two-syllable words was "poo-pah" for "coupon".)
Then, as I was getting Jaynee in her PJ's this evening, she took me by surprise. It is customary for Jaynee, after completing our evening routine, to rattle off the things she is going to need for bedtime. Sometimes it's "Baby," sometimes it's "binky." Tonight, the conversation went like this:
"Moke"
"You're ready for your milk??"
"Bah-bah"
"Are you SURE you want it in a bottle?
How about a cup?" (we're still working on this)
"Bah-bah"
"OK....I guess that's alright."
"Jeh-wee"
"What??"
"Jeh-wee"
Any guesses????
Yeah, it took me a few tries, but I realized she wanted Jeopardy. I didn't know she noticed that this is the show that I watch as our final wind down before bed while she drinks her milk. I guess she did! HAHA...our two year old is a fan of Jeopardy. What's even funnier is that her brother loved Jeopardy at the same age!
Hand cramp averted...
Nighty night
No comments:
Post a Comment