Just wanted to share our happy news with everyone! On Sunday Gavin had his very first all-day Pull Up - he even stayed dry through church and naptime! Then that night we had our very first instance of him waking us up so he could use the potty. I was a little nervous that it would keep him awake, but he insisted. In fact, as I stood there debating if he was being serious after he said "pah-yee" (potty), he started to stand up and he told his stuffed dog and "bet" (blanket) that he would "back" (be right back). I didn't have to worry because as soon as he had done his business, he put his head on my shoulder as I walked him back to his crib and went right back to sleep. YAY! We're by no means done with potty training, but we're getting closer! I'm just glad we're pretty much out of the phase where using Pull Ups was a waste of money because he went through them as fast as diapers.
What will our kids say when they're teenagers and realize we posted such details of their life on the internet?? Hopefully they'll realize that we couldn't resist because we were just so darn proud! :)
Wow! I'm so jealous that your little guy is potty training.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Gavin! and congratulations on the new baby!