Jaynee Rose is...

I had forgotten just how fun this age is! Jaynee is growing like a weed and continues to bring us so much joy. She now enjoys some solids during the day and we have yet to find a food that she doesn't like. She even likes the plain jars of meat. YUCK! (I have to mix it with something, though, just so I can manage feeding it to her).

She has backtracked MAJOR when it comes to sleep. She is co-sleeping with us at night (this started after we went on vacation and I shared a bed with her in the hotels) and she has trouble going back to sleep without eating when she wakes up with her food supply so nearby! I also think part of her trouble was that she got sick a few weeks ago and really struggled sleeping without being right next to me. I have a hard time saying no to a sick baby! Her cold also made her a little grumpy, so we are glad to have our healthy and happy Jaynee back!

She still adores her big brother. They have a lot of fun together. Jaynee has discovered clapping, so she and Gavin entertain each other at the dinner table by clapping back and forth. I already feel left out at times, not understanding some of their inside jokes! :)

They also have their brother/sister moments, though!
Since I noticed she was clapping on command, I have started some baby sign with her. We were doing "more" at dinner the other night and she was catching on pretty well. She was getting so excited about it, too! Her legs were just a-kicking under the high chair tray!
The biggest news is that Jaynee has recently started crawling. I already miss being able to set her on the floor, knowing that she won't get into too much trouble while I turn my back for a minute. :)
Well, that's the update on our little lady. We just love her like crazy!
look at her go! jaynee is a doll, really, there is nothing more you can say on top of that! its amazing how much she resembles jared, but how much of a girl she is! i used to think the same thing about brookelyn. how in the world could she look like a girl, but be the spittin' image of her daddy? loved it anyhow...
ReplyDeletewe miss you guys! hopefully we can see you soon...