As you may have seen from a previous post, Gavin has been a fan of Elmo for a LONG time and I let go of my anti-commercialized-toys ways and supported the Elmo phase. But alas, Elmo has been set aside for what we call around here "Woodybuzz". Gavin is now totally obsessed with Toy Story ("toystoy" according to Gavin) and a while ago we purchased the Woody and Buzz action figures, which he refers to as if they are one being - "Woodybuzz". They go with him EVERYWHERE. Anywhere Gavin is, "Woodbuzz" aren't far behind if he's not already holding them.
Well, two days ago a MIRACLE occurred. I will just show the picture.

What, you may ask, caused Woodybuzz to be cast aside so carelessly? And where, pray tell, was Gavin?

I'll tell you - he was watching TV with Zippy the Monkey, a toy from my mom's childhood. He saw it in her closet about a week ago but was scared of it, until he finally let my mom pull it down and put some clothes on it. Game over for Woodybuzz. I don't know what it is about our son and slightly creepy vintage toys (remember the three faced doll?)...
Zippy, in all its glory...

It came with us to the store.... Gavin asked for it at night...

Gavin even welcomed it into a dance session in the kitchen (note that Zippy did get an outfit change - not its only one, either).
But the honeymoon was over for poor Zippy this afternoon. This is where I found it (literally, no staging...)

So where was Gavin this time?

Reuniting with his Toystoy friends after Grandma bought him the Jessie doll at the store this afternoon.
I don't think we'll keep Zippy too far away, though...
just as the three faced doll did, zippy gives me the creeps!!!
ReplyDelete