Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Is This News??

So I don't know if there are any readers of our blog that haven't heard this yet. I figured I would post it just in case.


About 3 weeks ago, Jared and I made the decision to move to The Dalles - a decision that has numerous (and varied) reasons behind it. After careful thought and prayer we felt good about taking a leap of faith, so Jared put in for a transfer to the store in T.D. and we put our house on the market. After two days on the market, we had our first showing scheduled for Jaynee's blessing day. With less than 48 hours before the showing it took a whirlwind of activity (which, as usual, members of our wonderful family were right there to help us out with) but we got the house spruced up and ready to show.

That was the only showing we needed, because he made a great offer the following morning (if you were trying to do the math, our house was on the market for less than five days). I am extremely thankful for that, because just the little bit of time I had to spend keeping the house in "showing condition" with two little ones was enough to drive me crazy!

So, needless to say, we went to DQ for a good old-fashioned FHE/celebration!



Part of the leap of faith was accepting the offer that said we would close by June 1st without having an official start date for Jared's work in The Dalles. Two days after the offer was signed Jared went in for the interview and (drumroll) his start date was set for June 1st. Now it's a little up in the air because we may even close before June 1st - the appraisal is done and the buyer waived the inspection so things are going very quickly - so Jared may have to finish up his work here while the kids and I move to The Dalles.

So here we are, "under contract" (I like the sound of that) and packing up for the move. We're not 100% sure what the outcome of our move will be, besides a stay in the basement generously offered by mom and dad. :) But we have felt the guiding hand of our Heavenly Father in our decision and our experience thus far has shown us that He will open doors to get us where we need to be as long as we continue to have faith.

1 comment:

  1. No way!!! That's incredible news! And to get an offer after only 5 days on the market in this economy is miraculous...thank goodness the Dalles is still on our route between home and school, we'll still get to see you! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete