Actually, we've had many tent days since the last tent day post...but today was special because we were able to set up Gavin's legitimate tent set in the living room, not blankets teetering on TV trays (thanks to Grandma and Pappy's Christmas present) without making me claustrophobic (thanks to the family that bought our living room couches). So we went from this...
.jpg)
(Last Post)
...to this...

Another difference was that we had a "picnic" in the tent. Gavin's been really into having picnics lately - any time he's eating on the ground is called a picnic.

The only problem was that I had forgotten that I promised a lunch picnic until I had already prepared a ridiculous indoor-picnic menu consisting of macaroni and green salad. I had the plate all ready and said "Gavin, go sit in your high chair" when I hear from the tents: "Picnic tent, Momma!" So we spread out a tablecloth that covered the tent bottom and surrounding carpet and hoped for the best. He actually did surprisingly well.
Today was a busy day of play, which is what he and I BOTH needed. It was nice to take a break from the chaos of packing and give Gavin less-divided attention (because, remember, he has a sister to share mommy time with now).
"Yeah, don't forget about me!!"Jaynee is now 2 1/2 months (where has the time gone?!). At her check-up on Monday she was 12 lbs 6 oz and 23 inches long. This outfit was the first summer outfit we've tried out, and I loved the fact that her "filled-out" legs and arms were on display. :)
We've had a busy week and look forward to a quiet Sunday. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment