Saturday, April 24, 2010

My Buddy

I was just thinking today about what two wonderful blessings Jared and I have. But then I realized that in the hustle and bustle of getting new baby pictures posted, I haven't really posted much about what Gavin has been up to lately.
I caught this picture of him after hearing him vaguely while I was working in the kitchen. He had been looking through the hymn book and then, with it open on his lap, proceeded to say prayer. I didn't hear everything he said but I caught "bless Matt home safely". He really is a sponge right now, picking up on (and repeating) everything!

He loves to help me in the kitchen. He gets his apron on and his stool out and helps me with the dishes. We usually end up with a big water mess, but at least it keeps him occupied while I get the kitchen clean!

Here he is, proudly sporting his apron. It's my apron that was folded over and such to make it work. Not long after I took this picture, we hit the jackpot on a trip to Dollar Tree. They have little outdoor aprons right now that are so cute, we had to buy one for Gavin's work in the kitchen.

The biggest news of all is that Gavin is now putting himself to sleep for his naps. We're talking asleep within two minutes, no crying, no rocking, no problem! If you are familiar with the difficulty we've had with his sleep, you would know what a MIRACLE it is. It was brought about by necessity. This picture is one instance of how we handled naptime at first, but it didn't work for long when they started napping at different times!

Gavin loves being a big brother. My favorite thing that he does is comfort Jaynee when she's upset. "Oh sister, don't cry!" Melts my heart! He also likes to help me with her bath. He likes to wash her "stinky feet".

I love this picture from Jared's birthday. He has become more of a Daddy's boy since Jaynee has arrived. He loves his nightly routine with Jared - bike ride before dinner, bath after dinner, Jeopardy watching (which Mommy is invited to), and rocking to sleep. But I must confess, that while Daddy's at work....


...we have some buddy time of our own.

1 comment: