I think Gavin had a hard time deciding what was the most fun about camping in Mamaw and Pappy's backyard ---
Eating even NUMMIER s'mores...
...only after first experimenting to see if the s'mores were to play with or to eat!
Hanging out with Pappy - especially when food or drink was to be had, as in this case (but believe me, Pappy, he would hang out with you regardless!)You can't see in this picture, but Uncle Mike had set out a bunch of his wet hiking gear on the deck banister to dry out, and then Gavin figured out how to squirt the fountain - which ended up landing right on Mike's stuff. (Mike, you just thought it was taking a long time to dry, didn't you??)
Anyway, we had a great Fourth of July. Gavin didn't mind the fireworks too much. He started fussing during each one when they started making the popping noises, but he ended up being able to suffer through the MASSIVE fireworks display we had! I think the grand total for this year's pyrotechnics display was six fireworks - and Mike set off three at once! :) But, you know, I think it was the perfect amount for everyone involved (the kids AND the adults).
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Those were some great pictures. I am glad you guys got to come down. It is so fun to watch the boys interact and play together. Hope everything is going well. I hope you haven't been too sick.
ReplyDelete