...School's Out For EVER! That's right, folks. As of a week and a half ago, I am now officially a stay-at-home mommy. Not just for the summer, but until I decide I want to go back to work full time. It has been really nice working for such a great school district, but the stress of my job was not worth the half-time salary (and I am not going back to work full time until our kids are in school, hopefully).
So I submitted my letter of resignation and then a couple of days later we left for our vacation. Jared has had the whole week off, so it was been so nice having him home! We decided to take a quick trip to Lost Lake, about an hour from The Dalles. Since I'm not quite daring enough to take an eighteen month old tent camping, we reserved one of the cabins at the lake. I really think that is the way to camp! So here are some pictures...

Jared and Gavin on our Rowboat Ride

Gavin Asleep on the Rowboat Ride
Me (in all my beauty) on the boat ride. I was oh-so-glamorous because I decided to help push the boat into the water, since I was too antsy to sit in the rocking boat while Jared pushed it in. So I took my shoes off, and as I gave the boat one big push I stepped onto the part of the dock that was in the water and, thus, covered in slippery algae. Needless to say, I fell into the water and spent the boat ride drenched. :)
The view of Mt. Hood from the lake. We feel so blessed to live so close to such beauty (although my lame disposable camera - I can't find my real camera - doesn't even begin to capture how pretty it was up there!)

We went for a hike on the trail that goes around the whole lake. It was about three miles. This is how Gavin spent most of the hike - we passed him back and forth between the two of us.
Jared and Gavin in front of a cool tree we found on the hike.

Later on in the day, we also took a ride in the paddle boat. Gavin discovered that he liked to "steer" the boat. Under his charge, we pretty much just went in big circles. Until...

...he fell asleep on this boat ride, too. There must be something about being on the water that's soothing to him. Last summer he would fall asleep riding in a floaty in Grandma and Grandpa Royer's pool.

Hanging out in the cabin. Gavin isn't smiling because he's "singing" to the music - and he takes it very seriously!

I love this picture of Gavin sitting in the cabin!
And finally...Gavin has discovered that Tootsie Pops taste just as good camping...
...as they do at home. This is a picture of him right after we got home (he got a little sunburn when he fell asleep in the boat).We really enjoyed our little vacation and we look forward to our trip to The Dalles next week where we will do some more camping - in Mamaw and Pappy's backyard!!
>sigh< makes me miss Oregon! I love the pictures, and I can't believe how big he is getting!!! I hope we can visit you guys soon...congrats on becoming a stay at home mom! It really is the BEST!
ReplyDelete