Sunday, April 22, 2012

Jaynee's First Haircut

Jaynee had her first hair cut this week.  Jared and I didn't get to witness it.

But Gavin did... 

After walking into the kitchen to show me a clump of hair, I caught a glimpse of a pair of scissors that, until that moment, had always been tucked away in my abyss of a purse.  I put two and two together and frantically ran into the living room to see the rest of the damage.  As I finger-combed through Jaynee's hair, more and more loose hair came out with each pass of my fingers.  My heart SUNK!  


While Gavin was serving an unprecedented TRIPLE time out, I realized that this was technically Jaynee's first haircut, so I removed her locks from the trash can and slipped them into an envelope for her baby book.

Luckily, Jaynee's somewhat crazy curl is pretty forgiving of this particular hack job.  Plus, there was enough left up top to do a strategic combover.  We have coped so well that I'll bet no one at church realized what lurked under the big blue bow she was wearing today!  :)


1 comment:

  1. Oh NO!! I remember when Carlie did this to her hair, I about died.

    ReplyDelete