This past Wednesday we were finally blessed with winter weather!
| The view out back from our deck... |
| ...have I mentioned that I LOVE the location of our new home?! |
After several mornings of waking up disappointed after all of the snow hype the night before, we finally woke up to over ten inches. I was PUMPED! Since Jared had to go into work early because of the weather, I got busy getting the kids their breakfast so that we could hurry and get into our snow gear and start playing!
Gavin was ALL ABOUT the snow. He got right in there making snow angels. I'm not sure where he learned this skill...is it just something we're born with?
We made the long-awaited snow man. Gavin was so excited that I couldn't get him to take a normal picture. Where was Jaynee, you ask??
Not having ANY part of it! That's when we decided to head back in and get ready to make our way over to Grandma and Grandpa's house so that I could share with Gavin the EPIC sledding hill that I grew up with while Jaynee and Uncle Mike watched CNN inside.
We were quick to enjoy the perfect snow because the weather soon turned AWFUL! Add to the foot of snow an inch of ice, multiply by three days stuck inside and you know how our week has been.
But I will hold on to the memory of that lovely morning in the snow...
I think I feel the same way about snow as Jaynee does. I'm glad you got out and had some fun!
ReplyDelete