So life has not been overly easy for us lately and I have been living at a "simmer" for a while, slowly waiting for the moment that things boiled over.
This moment came on Friday.
I had taken time away from several other things that needed my attention in order to work on an assignment that was due that day. At this point it was late in the afternoon and I hadn't started. The kids were playing with some blocks on the floor right next to the computer so I thought that would be a good time to steal a few minutes for my assignment. Within 5 minutes, there was a massive blowup over the blocks and I was holding a SOBBING Gavin on my lap (I suspect that he may have been living on simmer for a while also).
So, here's Gavin, there's Jaynee (also screaming at this point), in front of me is an incomplete assignment, down the hall is drywall that needs mudding, in the kitchen sink is a pile of dishes, on the piano sits the unfinished Halloween costume, in my purse is a checkbook in dire need of balancing, in other words...everywhere I look I see either an unfinished project or mess that needs attention and I quickly felt the need to join Gavin in his sobbing.
At this point, as my tears are beginning to spill, Gavin's incoherent wails subside just enough so that I can understand this (apparently) all-important fact...
"Jaynee's feet SMELL!"
Gavin continues sobbing.
I begin laughing.
I love it!I hope things settle down for you. You are a fantastic mother!
ReplyDeleteI can definitely sympathize on many levels for similar reasons...just glad to know I'm not the only mom who breaks into tears every now and then.
ReplyDeleteKeep your head up...you'll have good days to balance out the hard ones!