Sunday, May 3, 2009

VIVA LA COLDPLAY!


As you can tell from the title of this post, I am now an even bigger fan of Coldplay since a recent experience with Gavin. Gavin and I were at the grocery store one afternoon on a day when he had a very short nap at Maria(Gavin's aunt/babysitter)'s house. Over the course of the trip, Gavin was becoming less and less thrilled with the idea of being there and he started throwing little fits, which were quickly escalating. After trying a few of the normal tactics, I finally gave in and asked him if he wanted Mommy to sing some music. He nodded his head but didn't stop crying until I started just the right song...which is always "Viva La Vida" by Coldplay. So we finished our grocery shopping with Mommy singing Coldplay up and down the aisles. Needless to say, we got more than the usual stares (people always turn to see who I'm talking to when I'm in the store because Gavin and I "chat" while we shop).

Gavin is a huge fan of music and he appreciates a good (or not-so-good) tune in any form (commercial jingles, elevator music, cell phone ringers, etc.) Which brings me to the video that we posted. Gavin's recent thing is having us turn on the ringer of a cell phone so that he can dance to it. This is a normal day of Gavin dancing, but I also had the privilege of catching his latest and greatest move on video - the sprinkler! One day I showed him what the sprinkler was and ever since then he has been doing his version of it. Hope you enjoy it!

Life is going well for me and Jared. We are both busy with work (Jared's actually out on a service call right now). I had a yard sale at our house with my sister-in-law yesterday. It rained for most of the morning so we didn't have the best "business" but Jared and I made enough to get us close to meeting our goal of buying a chest freezer for the garage. We are both ready for summer vacation - Jared will have his vacation time the week after I get out of school, so we're trying to get a little trip set up. Gavin and I took a little day trip to The Dalles last weekend and we got to watch the good ole Cherry Festival Parade. Gavin loved the horses! We got to spend time with Mamaw and also Jeff, Darcey and Trey, which was nice. Gavin and Trey were giving us small glimpses of what life is going to be like when they get a little older and are causing even more trouble. Here is a cute picture of them sharing a cart at Home Depot...

Well, Gavin's waking up from his nap, so I guess that's all from me today!

1 comment:

  1. I thought I was impressed with his little booty rolls until he broke out the sprinkler!

    ReplyDelete