Thursday, April 9, 2009

Here We Go!


Now that we finally have a working computer with internet, I figured that we might as well jump on the blogging bandwagon!

We are enjoying the little touches of spring weather that we have been having lately and it has made me very anxious for summer vacation. The little bit of sunshine has done wonders for the bed of dirt that I have been watering for the past two weeks - we finally, as of today, have green fuzz. That means we will finally have a fully-planted backyard this summer. YAY!!!! Special thanks go to Pappy and Uncle Mike for getting the seed planted for us - Gavin will be very grateful to have more grass to explore.

Speaking of Gavin, he continues to make us smile everyday. We are so lucky to have such a sweet spirit in our family (and no, I don't use the phrase "sweet spirit" in the BYU meaning of the word...Gavin is quite cute). He's in the find-something-quirky-and-carry-it-around-or-wear-it-all-day phase...hence the picture of the coonskin cap. He really did pick the thing out himself at the store and, whenever he sees it lying around the house, he has to have it on immediately and then he wears it until he finds something equally, or even more, quirky and then it is forgotten for a while.
Today he got a new little bike for Easter. I wasn't going to buy it because it was the last one there and it had OBVIOUSLY been ridden around the store by various infa-patrons, but as I was trying to put him back in the seat of the cart while turning around to say something to Jared, Gavin must have arched his back in protest because I lost my grip and he landed flat in the bed of the cart. He was more surprised than hurt, but those big ol' tears, his little right hand pointing to the bike, and his little left hand frantically signing "please" (because he has recently found out that the best time to ask for something is after he gets hurt) sealed the deal and we walked out with a slightly-less-than-shiny new bike for which we negotiated a 10% discount since we would have to disinfect it before use. The things we do for our children!

No comments:

Post a Comment